The Center for Independent Living of Broward encourages you to apply for reemployment benefits with the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. For more information, please CLICK HERE.
For a reemployment assistance application guide, please CLICK HERE.
As you will see, you will need the following information before filing:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or State ID number
- Your employment for the last 18 months including for each employer:
- Name, address, and phone number
- First and last day of work
- Gross earnings (before taxes are taken out) during the listed dates
- The reason for separation
- FEIN (this is found on any W2 or 1099 tax forms you have received)
- If you don’t have the FEIN, you can use employer details off of a recent paystub
- Claims filed without correctly reporting employers may experience delays. It is important to list the correct employment information when filing your claim. If you fail to do so, your benefits may be delayed while the missing employment information is obtained
Additionally, if you are one of the following, make sure you have this information available:
- Not a U.S. citizen: Alien registration number or other work authorization form
- Military employee: DD-214 member 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 may be used
- Federal employee: SF 8 or SF 50
- Union member: union name, hall number, and phone number
Reemployment Assistance Benefits can be filed online using CONNECT. Please CLICK HERE. If you have never filed in Florida before, click on “File a New Claim.” However, if you have filed previously, log in using your Social Security Number and Personal Identification Number (PIN).
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO THAT SHOWS A GUIDE TO REPORTING YOUR EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION – Please CLICK HERE.
You can also find out WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AFTER YOU FILE FOR REEMPLOYMENT by watching this video – Please CLICK HERE.